Thursday, September 2, 2010

Orientation Day pt 1



Hola!

Today was a fantastic day!
Exciting news: 
1. I got a cell phone!! how great is that... I finally feel alive again...but I can only call and not text!
2. I finalized my classes- I'll be taking one on latin american civilization, one on spanish civilization, one on spanish films, and one on history/culture/ literature of madrid!

An old church that has been shut down and opened to the public
Fun Facts:
1. In case you didn't know... In Spain, the biggest meal is lunch (almuerzo). You eat breakfast around 8 or 9, lunch is at 3 and then dinner is around 9.
2. Tipping in Spain is much different than the U.S.- it's more like 5%... how crazy!

I had orientation today, so we got a tour of the school; it's so big and so beautiful! 


This is a picture of the front of the school. There is a courtyard, multiple libraries and computer labs. It's an amazing school.
This is a famous statue/bench. It is of Cervantes- the author of Don Quijote. It's right outside of the house he was born in. 

This is city hall!
This is a gazebo in the middle of the plaza of Cervantes. The Plaza is a major hang out for people. They hold festivals there among other things; it's the center of the city and its gorgeous                      




So that's it. I'm going out for my first time tonight! We're going to the plaza and then walking around to see what the night life is like but I have to be up early in the morning for more orientation tomorrow. We're also going to Madrid!!! I am so excited... the camera is charging and everything.

Adios <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi - this is a really cool thing once I figured the crazy thing out. I so excited that you started this blog so we can see all that you are experiencing. I'll be checking every day! The pictures are beautiful that you posted!

    ReplyDelete