Sunday, September 12, 2010

La Noche en Blanco

So last night (saturday) was la noche en blanco en Madrid. Basically, it's a big festival/ party and millions of people come and walk around. There's lots of different types of activities, museums are open all night, there's music, food, art, and lots more.


This is a game of super mario bros. up on the wall of a building
















Una fiesta de pelotas! A bunch of people in the plaza just hitting blown-up balls around! It was crazy




















A GIANT game of twister. The circles are clocks, which is different than at home.
















African techno/dance music!
















Sooo that was my weekend!! NEXT weekend... I'm going to BARCELONA!!!!! Get excited people. We're leaving Thursday night and taking a bus... (for 8 hours) to Barcelona and arriving at like 7 am there. And we'll spend a couple days there and then leave Sunday night to come home and arrive home Monday morning. It's going to be quite exciting. I can't wait to explore and take lots of pictures.

Also, I am officially going to Lisbon, Portugal and Paris, France- so get excited for those upcoming adventures.

Also, and I'm not sure I mentioned it, there is a McDonald's here in Alcala. Now, at home...I rarely go to McDonald's. However, here in Spain- the Mcdonald's are so much BETTER! They have this amazing thing...
I didn't take this picture, just found it
THE CONO KITKAT!!!!! its a plain vanilla ice cream cone with a kit kat stick in it. Literally...it's the best invention ever- and it's only ONE euro!

sweet tooth aside, I'm loving it here- talk to you soon <3

3 comments:

  1. Dear you,

    I love that the Big News in spain is...McD's ice cream.

    But I totally understand and I'm not judging by any means.

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, they have ice cream like that in England too, but they call them 99s (because they're 99 pence). I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are one lucky girlie girl that you found a Mickey D's! I'm so excited that you are posting pictures. Madrid looks absolutely beautiful and I can hardly wait to see the pictures from Barcelona. When are you going to Paris & Lisbon? Can't wait to see those pictures. Hope school is going well and you learning lots!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete