Saturday, September 11, 2010

If you loved me....you would leave comments!

Hi everyone!

I've successfully completed my first week of school- how exciting!? ...not really- it's just school! But I definitely think the classes are going to be harder than some at Butler. Or maybe it's because I'm in a different country and would rather be traveling than reading about the history of Latin America. Regardless, I'm still excited to finally be back in school mode, I need to get my stuff all in order!!

This morning I went grocery shopping with mi familia. Things to know about shopping in Spain
1. Their carts are so weird- they're low to the ground with a handle and little wheels and you just pull them around behind you.
2. In order to carry your stuff home- you will need to have brought bags with you, otherwise they charge you for the plastic ones.
3. Stores don't like you carrying around bags from other places- so they provide lockers for you to place your stuff in while you walk around and shop.

Tonight is La Noche en Blanco- it takes place in Madrid and for the entire night- all the stores, museums, restaurants and other things all stay open! And a lot of them are free and you get to go exploring through all of it. Apparently it's just a huge party in the city and thousands of people go. So tomorrow I will have an update on that!

 Otherwise, nothing is really new. So here's some photos!!

Dead fish we found on our walk to the bars. The top one is the mama and the bottom three are the babies!!













Palace in Madrid!
El Retiro- its a massive park in Madrid. this is the huge fountain. You can rent boats!
Crystal palace in madrid!



















Okay- love you all! Talk to you soon <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm leaving a comment... But only because I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EL RETIRO! please tell me you hang out there all the time..i loved that place!

    Im obsessed with your blog it looks like youre having such a great time and you are a PRO blogger!

    ReplyDelete